Black & White

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I looked back at the histogram and you are right. 馃槷

It was actually quite horrible! Even though that’s my little trick in sky photoraphy is to bring solid color to the photo as you have seen in a lot of my other works. It’s not always effective when it comes to B&W.

I need make note and keep an eye on that.

So I discarded the other two, and I’m working on a different sky shot. So far it’s looking much more pronounce and balanced along the histogram which I paid attention to.

I will have it up ASAP! 馃檪

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Your images meet the criteria for the assignment but they aren’t very balanced. The image of the cloud in particular is a bit too far into the dark tonal range than I would like.

Your image of the statue is more like it but both images do not have a very wide tonal range. It’s hard for people to see in tones but it’s a useful skill that should be practiced.

I would like you to try this one again. Try to create a wider tonal range.

Thanks!

Here it is the new photo. Much better light settings for a good balance in colors. I took the time to make sure I was able to get the best results possible.

Now the photo is much more stable along the histogram than the crazy spike ups in the previous ones!

Enjoy!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi there,

This is absolutely a much better photograph for this assignment. You have achieved a wide tonal range and a much better overall image for this assignment. 馃榾 馃榾 馃榾

I would encourage you to work on this and practice this skill of seeing in tones.

I look forward to your next assignment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.