Reply To: Simplified

Peter Dunne

Thanks Duncan. We finally got there. The Poppies shot was meant as a “before” to the Turkish Delight “after”. I retook the shot closer concentrating on the main element only, so I think we are on the same page here. So much to do when preparing to take a shot….shutter speed, aperture, ISO and white balance. I had been deliberately avoiding white balance adjustment so I could work on the other functions. The NGV was also “before” and “after”. However you are right, I did crop the “after” and distorted it. I have been putting a lot of effort into the camera functions because I have taken pictures for years on full Auto, concentrating totally on producing an interesting image. Now that I am concentrating on learning how to use the camera I am treating the choice of subject itself as secondary, as a means to an end. Eventually, once I achieve more competence with the camera I am hoping I will develop a more wholistic approach. I really appreciate your comments and I am grateful for your confidence. I will check out the links. Thanks

Peter