- Understand Your Camera: Before you start taking photos, take the time to familiarize yourself with the camera on your cell phone. Learn how to adjust the settings, such as shutter speed, ISO, white balance, and exposure compensation.
- Move Closer: A common mistake people make when taking photos with their cell phone is standing too far away from their subject. Moving closer will help you capture more detail in your photos.
- Use Natural Lighting: Natural lighting is the best type of lighting for taking photos with a cell phone. Try to take your photos outdoors during the day, or near a window to take advantage of natural light.
- Use the Rule of Thirds: The rule of thirds is a great way to compose your photos. To use the rule of thirds, divide the frame into thirds both horizontally and vertically. Place your subject at one of the intersections of the lines for a balanced, pleasing composition.
- Use a Tripod: A tripod will help you avoid camera shake and keep your photos sharp. You can buy a tripod specifically designed for cell phones, or use a regular tripod with a smartphone holder.
- Experiment with Angles: Change up the angle of your shots to create more interesting photos. Get low down to the ground for an interesting perspective, or shoot from above for a different look.
- Use Filters: Filters are a great way to add a unique touch to your photos. Many cell phones come with built-in filters, or you can download a photo editing app to add filters to your photos.
- Edit Your Photos: Editing your photos is a great way to make them look even better. Experiment with different photo editing apps to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation, and other settings.
- Have Fun: Above all, have fun with your photography. Experiment with different techniques, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. The more you practice, the better you will become.
Video by Mark Silber
Video by Matt Granger
Video by NYT
Video from MKBHD explaining smartphone sensor quality and how that all works.
Video about iPhone Photography with John Lehmann in Hong Kong Video by bigheadtaco
Video about fashion photography using an iPhone. Video by Adorama.