In this video Director of Photography for National Geographic Travel, Dan Westergren gives a talk on the best (or most memorable) photos of people and places, cities, and remote locales.
Here is a "Stock Photo Basics" workshop, presented by Keren Sachs. The talk is best-suited for new Shutterstock image contributors. More info on this talk here.
A great discussion of light painting. This video includes some tips and tricks for how to make wonderful light painting photographs. Painting with light is an age old technique for showcasing photographs in a really unique way.
Icon Photography School is an online photography school that specializes in teaching new and experienced photographers how to take professional photographs.
What you will learn
Our interactive online photography course is composed of 11 comprehensive lessons that will provide you with a strong foundation on which to build your personal photography portfolio. This course curriculum takes approximately 2 - 4 weeks to complete but we encourage you to set your own pace.
You will learn concepts that range in scope from beginner theory on the technical control of your camera settings to advanced topics in post production & composition. A short list of the topics covered in our photography course include:
- Using Your Camera's Automatic Settings for Eye-Catching Outcomes
- Manipulating Reality: Film, Lenses, Filters and More
- Organizing Color: Color & Color Theory
- Basic Photography Composition
- Photography Lighting
- Advanced Photography Composition
- Black and White Photography
- Photographic Styles: Abstract to Portraits & Beyond
- Digital Darkroom: Creating Dramatic Effects
- Creating Your Photography Portfolio
Our photography school takes a "project based" approach to teaching our students. We focus on the process of creation rather than simply testing theoretical and technical knowledge. While exams and quizzes are a part of our course framework they are not the focus. Instead we focus our attention on our student's performance in the field. Our qualified photography instructors will provide one-on-one, personalized feedback on each of your lesson assignments.
We have a partnership with an online art magazine which provides a valuable opportunity for our students to get their work published in a popular online magazine with a readership in the tens of thousands. Click on the magazine cover below to see an example of some of our student work in the magazine.
How the photography course is structured
Our student HUB is the online community where our students download their digital lecture notes, take online quizzes and upload their assignments for our teachers to personally analyze and provide feedback.
At the end of the course you'll have a completed photography portfolio and you'll be asked to complete a final exam. Upon successful completion of this exam we will mail you a personalized 8x10 course completion certificate.
Summary of Icon Photography School Benefits
- Hundreds of dollars less than traditional photography courses of the same quality and length.
- International scope: Enroll from anywhere in the world
- One-on-one personalized attention
- Immediate improvement in your photographs
- Project based and not time based: You set your own pace without the pressure of deadlines.
- No waiting for anything to arrive in the mail. Enroll today and start today.
- Professional, experienced staff
- Personalized course completion certificate upon successful completion of course
It's time to enhance the creative side of your mind. Enroll today!