Amelia’s Lesson One

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    amelia
    Participant

Here are my two images!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great photograph & great job of making something ordinary look interesting. You’ve definitely captured the essence of what this assignment was about. As you’ve discovered, one of the best ways to do this is to get in closer to your subject. This accomplishes two major goals.

1. It limits any distracting elements from making it into the 4 walls of your photograph
    2. It focuses instead of a clearer reproduction of elements in your primary object of focus.

I really like what you’ve done with this photograph but there are a few minor things you should consider changing for next time. You haven’t touched on these subjects yet, but I want you to keep an eye out for them nonetheless.

Firstly, you’ve managed to crop your picture very well. However, the shading on the left side of the frame looks like it’s own object. Consider finding a reflective surface or bring in a directional light to get rid of, or at least soften that shadow.

Secondly, I love the details of the individual water holes. There is some really interesting texture in there if you get a little closer. However, I think it would help if you lit up the showerhead a little more.

Other than that, you’ve done a great job. Just keep your eye out for shadows which alter the balance of your shot.

Keep up the good work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.