Ansel Adams

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lee
    Participant

Favorite Artist – Ansel Adams

Although I enjoy photography and the art of photography, I don’t know a lot of photographic artists. I think the photographer I admire the most I Ansel Adams. I really enjoy his photography in the National Parks. Mr. Adams and I share a love of nature and a love for the national parks in particular. One of my favorites of his work is the photo of Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. I enjoy his black and white photography and his ability to capture the contrasts in his photos. I think he was famous for the tremendous depth of field in his works. Although Ansel Adams is one of my favorite photographers and I really admire his work, however, I do not think I would like to specialize in black and white photography. I think I would like to specialize in glamour portraits using ordinary people as subjects and making them glamorous through the use of lighting, etc. I also enjoy macro photography and would like to learn as much as I can about macro photography.

Lee Staes #100176

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thank you for sharing this.

Ansel Adams was a master of the zone system is what it seems like you’re attracted to. You can read more about this technical element of photography here:

http://www.forphotography.com/how-tos/zone/zone1.html

Looking forward to seeing your next assignments!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.