Assignment 1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A cheese grater seems like something I would’t look twice at. After getting up close and personal with it I was amazed to see that the holes on each side have different shapes. I guess I always just thought they were round.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

The goal of the assignment was to try and make something ordinary look extraordinary. Not an easy task for the first assignment but you’ve managed to do this quite well. You’ve turned a beast of an object (not pleasing) into a beauty!

What could be more ordinary than a cheese grater?

Let it be know that you’ve either gotten lucky or your photographic skills are already quite good! Either way it doesn’t matter the goal is to get better!

In your ‘beauty’ shot the dutch angle combined with the shallow depth of field make for a really nice image. You’ve even managed to include some pleasing colors.

What doesn’t work in this image is including the spot of color in the lower right hand corner. This could be fixed by cropping the image after the fact or better getting slightly closer.

Also I suspect that if this image was blown up larger that it wouldn’t be tack sharp. If feels like it may be a tiny bit out of focus but it’s hard to tell without looking at it at 100% size.

The challenge is to do this with your photography all the time. Take the time and make a little extra effort and your results will speak for themselves.

Excellent job. We look forward to seeing you progress through the course.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.