Assignment 1 – Tiles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have taken the constantly used kitchen floor tiles of my kitchen as the before shot and taken a different perspective up close and personnel on the after shot showing the central grout line.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thanks for your submission. I will post a critique within 24 hours.

Thanks.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thanks for submitting you first assignment.

It’s always a pleasure to see what people have submitted for their first image.

You’ve found something that is exceedingly mundane and you’ve tried to make it look interesting.

You maybe have bitten off more than you can chew here. Trying to make a straight black line look interesting is very challenging and you’ve done well.

The goal of this assignment is to get you to think about seeing the world like this ALL the time. See the world from the perspective of a photographer. Always be thinking how can I shoot this so that it’s more interesting, more dynamic, and more fun!

Here are some examples of how photographers have taken simple lines and made them really interesting to look at:

Lines in the Sky by cogdogblog, on Flickr

Partly Cloudy by pierre bédat, on Flickr

DiagoYinDiagoYang by pierre bédat, on Flickr

I hope you’re enjoying the lessons and let me know if you need any help with anything.

Office@PhotographyIcon.com is my email or send me a private message on the forum.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.