Assignment 11 – Digital Darkroom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Scamper
    Participant

I thought it would be nice to put a couple of images together as memory of our trip to the Slovenian lakes. They aren’t necessarily the best images of the trip from a technical point of view, but they are ones that I like and feel go well together in this context.

For each image I warmed up the colours, added a vignette and added a texture. I could have done it without the texture, but it’s a technique that I wanted to try so I thought this was a good opportunity.

[attachment=0:37p1f519]Slovenia-Lakes-Collage-2.jpg[/attachment:37p1f519]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

I like what you’ve chosen to do here. There is a subtle elegance to these somewhat monochromatic images. The photographs themselves aren’t spectacular but you’ve created a nice piece using digital post processing tools and you’ve done so quite well.

This is something I would print out and put on my wall. And for me that’s often the test of the quality of something. I ask myself would I put this on my wall? And in this case the answer is yes. I would like you to continue using digital processing tools like CS5 for subtle or minor improvements as you’ve done here. You image is classy and elegant.

This area is very subjective but the key here is to only ever use the tools when you can’t achieve it in camera or you need to correct a simple mistake. The adobe creaitve suite is very powerful and “With great power comes great responsibility” so be careful not to overdo it and use it sparingly.

Job Well done!

See you on the next assignment. 😀

Scamper
    Participant

Great!

I’d been wanting to create something like this for a while and I think it turned out pretty well. I might just print it out! 😉

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Yes print it out!

It’s always nice to see a physical copy of your stuff.

I printed a giant posted at wal-mart the other as a gift for a friend and it was like 25 bucks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.