Assignment 11 submission

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    markusdivinicus
    Participant

I caught the snowy owl where he has been roosting for awhile by mess on the[attachment=0:3hfmuybz]snowy owl revised.jpg[/attachment:3hfmuybz] ground around him. I cropped out the surroundings enhanced the contrast and sharpened the pic to get a better view of the texture of the wings and the small feathers around the head.[attachment=1:3hfmuybz]snowy owl.JPG[/attachment:3hfmuybz]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

This is a great example for this assignment. Other than the cropping, your editing was subtle and limited. This was the idea that this assignment wanted to help you explore. It’s about using the effects that help enhance each particular photograph. In this case you used cropping and contrast control to help draw out the features you wanted to expose. Other than that it looks like you maintained the integrated of the raw image. Great work!

The changes you made are noticeable visual enhancements. Placing more focus on the owl is a great idea because it is so full of texture and it’s such an interesting animal to look at. It’s a beautiful photograph.

That being said, your first image is actually quite beautiful as well. The background setting is full of texture, color simplicity and also has an interesting atmospheric component. You’ve managed to do a great job with both of these images. This is some of your best work yet! I wouldn’t change a thing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.