Assignment 11

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    keith
    Participant

I used the cropping tool, hue and saturation and blurring in the background

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great shot. You’ve straightened out your horizon line (although I think it could still be a bit straighter based on the curve of the statue) and you’ve managed to fit quite a lot of detail into this photograph without it becoming disorganized or chaotic. You’re also doing a great job of organizing your color pallet in each of your photographs. That is one of the hardest things to do as a photographer and it seems to be coming quite naturally to you.

I also like how you’re working with big landscapes. Your not afraid to take on the task of organizing chaos rather than working solely with macro photography.

My only concern with this photograph is the amputation that occurs on the left side of the photograph. You’ve managed to fit in the base of the statue completely on the right hand side, but you’ve cut off a small section of the left side of the photography. This is a primary element to this photograph and therefore this amputation is very distracting. It looks accidental and takes away from the overall composition of the image.

It’s difficult to look keep an eye on all of the components of the photograph, but it’s important to train your eyes to not only focus on your main object, but also on the secondary features of the photograph. This means paying extra close attention to your four walls and being careful to ensure they are not interfering with your primary or secondary objects.

Other than that, great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.