Assignment 2: Inspiration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adrian
    Participant

Danella Miller
    I chose my own wedding photographer, Danella Miller. I found her work incredibly inspirational because she preserved my wedding day with such amazing detail and artistic ability. She captured not only the day, but the details, people, and emotions that made the day special. The colors in her photography are so brilliant and her ability to work with natural light is amazing. She does a lot of outdoor photography, but also has a studio. I absolutely love the way she uses light to capture the beauty in people’s eyes. She makes use of the Montana sky frequently, in her work, to enhance blue tones and highlight eyes naturally. She makes beautiful use of depth of field to really make her subject stand out. Her post processing is very artistic. It is not just basic retouching and color correction. She uses post processing to make her images into art and express emotion in the photo. She has a way of capturing more than a person’s image, but also their personality. Danella also reaches out to share her gift by mentoring aspiring hopefuls, myself included. She answers all my questions, critiques my work, and encourages me. She goes above and beyond. She has dedicated her life to the lord and gives him the credit for all that she does. She serves people to let the Lord shine through her. The sense of love and warmth that her photos express, maintain that philosophy. Danella has a knack for engaging people and helping them to express their own creativity in their photos. She encourages people to help direct their shoots. She has a personality that puts people at ease and helps them to really shine in their photos. She does all kinds of portrait photography, which is what I hope to be able to do. Her style is versatile and bends to fit the situation and people without losing her personal touch. I can only hope to be so capable. She isn’t a volume photographer, but an artist. I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to have met her and learn from her.[attachment=1:qm5e0kta]header1.jpg[/attachment:qm5e0kta][attachment=0:qm5e0kta]header4.jpg[/attachment:qm5e0kta]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thanks for sending in your inspiration.

I haven’t heard of this photographer but that doesn’t really matter! What matters is that you have found someone who inspires you.

What’s more you personally know this photographer! If I was you I would offer to be their assistant or just offer help so you can learn from her.

Most people’s inspiration comes from people who are either dead or super famous. Those categories of people are hard to get in touch with… 😉

If you’re into portraits I would also recommend you spend some time learning about Yousuf Karsh.
    [attachment=0:2bkkoe4z]Photo-of-Yousuf-Karsh.jpg[/attachment:2bkkoe4z]

Finally, this lesson is not about writing essays… Obviously that’s not entirely relevant. It’s about getting you to learn from people who inspire you. It’s also about getting you to refine the way you think about photography and learn more about your interests in photography.

The fact that you know you’re interested in portraits is great! You can now explore that path!

I look forward to your next submission.

Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.