Assignment 2: Inspiration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Corinne
    Participant

I just recently became interested in photography. What inspired me to learn more about photography and take this class was looking at my friend’s wedding photos. She recently got married and I was in her wedding. Her photographer, Keith Cephus, took the most beautiful pictures. Keith is a local photographer in the Virginia Beach area. What inspired me is that he was able to capture the true emotion of that day in every picture he took. My favorite picture is the couple on the beach below. As you can see, it is a beautiful photograph. You can really feel how happy the couple is in that moment. In 50 years from now, they will be able to show that picture to their grandchildren, who will be able to see how happy they were that day.

I was also inspired by Keith’s attention to detail. His detail pictures, i.e., flowers, the rings, shoes, table arrangements, etc., were stunning. He is able to take something ordinary and make it look exquisite. Take the picture below with the flowers on the beach. His attention to detail and depth is stunning.

I want to learn more about photography to capture things that happen everyday and make them look extraordinary.

You can see more of Keith’s work at http://keithcephus.com/blog/.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great examples of wonderfully composed photographs. Yes, the attention to compositional detail is very apparent. You’ll be learning a lot of these techniques in the upcoming lectures. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.