Assignment 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Corinne
    Participant

Here are my pictures for assignment 3.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Both of these photographs are very well done. Both accomplish exactly what was asked from you for this assignment.

The first image consists of two moving objects: a ball and a dog. The rest of the image is static and therefore combination of seeing a slight blur in some of your objects and the crisp edges of your background help provide the illusion of motion.

In your second image you were asked to provide the illusion of depth by using a shallow depth of field. You’ve accomplished this very well. However, that I love most about the photograph is your artistic approach to the shot. You’ve decided to further exaggerate depth by using a strong foreground object and then having your photograph trail off into the background. By incorporating layers you were able to provide the illusion of depth and reality. It gives your audience the impression that they are the ones looking into a scene and not simply a photograph.

This photograph serves as a great example to showcase the benefits of using layers (i.e. a foreground, middle ground and background) in your photographs.

What I particularly liked about this photograph however, was the simplified color palette and use of pattern. The color palette of gradients of green and purple really helped you organize this shot. However, you’ve also managed to stay away from the trap of over simplifying the shot. Your strong foreground object provides enough detail to keep your audience interested and engaged.

Great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.