Assignment #3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Deepak
    Participant

Assignment #3

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hello and thank you for submitting this assignment.

This assignment was predominantly technical in nature in our hopes that you’d start to experiment with the mechanical features of your camera. You’ve done a great job of that in both of your image showing both movement and depth.

As you progress through our course you’ll slowly start to feel more comfortable tackling other technical elements of photography such as lighting and composition as well.

For this assignment, I’m going to review it based off other photographic design elements that you haven’t learnt yet, but I want you to start thinking about now.

For starters, I want to see you pay more attention to creation the illusion of depth. In your first image you’re composition is fairly flat because you haven’t included any foreground or strong background elements. This isn’t necessarily wrong, but when everything is contained in the middle-layer, the composition can appear flat. Look at the following image for example:

http://www.karltaylorphotographycourses.co.uk/clientpics/Landscape_VXND00663a.jpg

Notice how there are foreground, middle-ground and background elements? Also notice how they used line (to be discussed in an upcoming lecture) to lead your eye into the photograph? These are the design elements we want you to start paying attention to in future photographs.

Other than that, you’ve done a great job with this assignment. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.