assignment 3

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

[attachment=0:38hm1aq8]353.JPG[/attachment:38hm1aq8]

[attachment=1:38hm1aq8]054.JPG[/attachment:38hm1aq8]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thanks for sending this in.

I’ll post a critique in 24-48 hours.

Thank you.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thanks for sending this in!

Photo 1:
    [attachment=1:20jznvnu]dog-water-jumping.jpg[/attachment:20jznvnu]

1:
    This is a massively distracting element in this photograph. Try to avoid having elements like this in your frame. It detracts from the image.

2:
    I have to say that the timing of this image is immaculate! Job well done here! This is actually something you will get better at over time. Picking the decisive moment. Of course shooting with your camera on burst mode helps too 😉

3:
    Obviously you’ve made a clear choice to include these in your frame. At least I hope so. If you haven’t then you really need to pay more attention. If you’re trying to say something by including these in the frame then good on you. What was the idea behind including these? Was it a conscious decision?

4:
    This area of the frame is very ‘dead’ as you can tell when you look at it.

Overall you’ve manage to freeze the action using a relatively high shutter speed which is excellent!

I would challenge you to create motion doing the reverse. Use a slower shutter speed and work with some blur.

Photo 2:
    [attachment=0:20jznvnu]wire-macro.jpg[/attachment:20jznvnu]
    1:
    I like that you’ve managed to shoot a photograph with relatively shallow depth of field. So you’ve done well on that part of the assignment. Be aware of your background when it’s not in focus and it’s not the focal point of your image. In this case the background has several fairly strong lines which actually kind of work with your image. Either way just be sure to watch for strong elements in your background like this.

2:
    This is more like the kind of background you want for an image like this. That way people’s eye will naturally look at what you want them to. In this case, the cable.

3:
    When you’re shooting a shallow depth of field (semi-macro) image like this you have to be very picky about what you want to highligh. In this case you’ve chosen the strands of the cable. There are some strands that are breaking apart here where I’ve put the 3. Always seek out the most visually interesting elements and make those the focus of your, well, focus… 😕

You’ve done well on this assignment.

I think you’ll progress through the course nicely.

Are you having fun with it? I hope so?

Is there anything I can help you with at this moment?

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.