Assignment 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lizzy
    Participant

I had some problems with theslow shutter and aperture setting in the first pic. I also had to crop my pics to have them fit here .I hope I didn’t lose any effects.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Interesting use of image. You’ve done a good technical job on this assignment especially on your shutter speed photographs.

I’m going to point out a few areas that I want you to be aware of for your future assignments.

In your first image of the moving car, the composition is fine in terms of object placement, but the horizon line is slanted upwards towards the left. This looks a little distracting and accidental.

The image of the flag, there is a similar issue. The pole is not running parallel to the left wall of the photograph. It is slightly slanted, but not enough to appear intentional.

The last image of the sink is probably the strongest of the three in terms of technical composition. You’ve limited your color pallet, your horizon line is straight, you’ve frozen the water droplet and you’ve used shapes and lines to create a sense of balance.

The only issue I see with that photograph is that it’s slightly grainy. This often happens when you’re shooting with a high ISO number. You can often change this in your camera’s menu settings. Shooting with a lower ISO (i.e. 50 – 200) will get rid of the grainy texture.

Overall, you’re off to a great start. These small details however, do have a big impact on your final product. Keep up the great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.