assignment 3 (shutter speed & aperture)

Photography Classes Online – Icon Photography School Forums Photography Lessons Lesson 3 assignment 3 (shutter speed & aperture)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Saud
    Participant

well here i come back again ,, got so busy the last few week i could not even complete reading the lessons
    i have some photos though to submit to this lesson and hopefully to the next that i have done reading perviously

depth of field:
    this photo was taken in a carnival of the Kuwait liberation day (25-26 February) kuwait usually starts at the beginning of February with a carnival and during the month there are some celebrations and all buildings are decorated with lights and flags.

traditional dance:
    [attachment=0:bz7j7ssp]TAZ_6205.jpg[/attachment:bz7j7ssp]

shutter speed:
    this week end we enjoyed 2 days at the Bahrain International Circuit and here are some of my assignment photos that i took there of my friends and their cars ๐Ÿ˜‰ please excuse my dirty lens, i had to replaced it in the field at a windy open area ๐Ÿ™

1-
    [attachment=2:bz7j7ssp]TAZ_7163.jpg[/attachment:bz7j7ssp]

2-
    [attachment=1:bz7j7ssp]TAZ_6902-2.jpg[/attachment:bz7j7ssp]

Hope you like them ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Soud

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi Soud!!

Thanks for sending in your photos for this assignment!

This assingment is really about two things, depth of field, and motion.

Your “traditional dance” is nice but there are a few things you could do to improve the overall quality of the image:

For instance, I wouldn’t know there was any dancing at here if there wasn’t a caption to the photo.

When you see someone dancing try to capture their whole body and the unique positions they move themselves into.

Like this:

Desperation; Who holds your heart? by kelsey_lovefusionphoto, on Flickr

Alternatively try to capture the emotion of a dance like this:

I’m ready to dance (Estoy lista para bailar) by AleCue, on Flickr

In your dancing photography it’s hard to see what the person is doing because there are people/things obstructing the main person… You have managed to shoot something with relatively shallow depth of field so that’s good!

Just try to keep in mind that you want to shoot high quality images for all assignments.

Now, you’re other car racing photographs:

You’ve done an exceedingly good job at using the panning technique to show motion here in both photographs. GREAT WORK!

Some tips to improve them:
    Photo 1:
    Notice the fence blocking the car?! Always have your main subject clear of distracting elements like this fence.

People don’t like to look at a photo when there is something blocking the most interesting element. (unless it’s for a good reason)

Photo 2:
    This is an excellent racing photograph! Good job!

To improve this photograph try to work on the composition of the frame. You need to add more “lead room” sometimes also known as “nose room”.

Check this article:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_room

It basically means leave more space in front of the thing that is moving because it allows for and implies motion in that direction.

Overall Soud, you’ve done some fantastic panning work on these last two photographs. So GOOD JOB!!!

I look forward to seeing your next assignments.

Did you submit your photo for the contest yet?!

Saud
    Participant

Hi

i will make sure next time when shooting some one dancing to get the action in a frame, but i used this just as an example of depth of field, and as for my cars photography,, the problem was that they did not allow us to stand anywhere except the stages and there is no view with out the fence, i sneaked for few minutes and got few good pictures but the took me out ๐Ÿ˜† .

about higher quality images:
    i use RAW and edit them in light-room to export them, that day i exported the photos for my friends and resized them to reduce space,, thats why my images are low res.

i really appreciate your explanation and will keep all your comments in mind for future photography

thanks a million ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.