Assignment #5

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have submitted three pictures- 2 with stark color contrast and one which the colors compliment each other all being green. Thanks!

[attachment=2:2g2lj9xn]019.JPG[/attachment:2g2lj9xn]

[attachment=1:2g2lj9xn]174.JPG[/attachment:2g2lj9xn]

[attachment=0:2g2lj9xn]198.JPG[/attachment:2g2lj9xn]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great work with this assignment.

All three of your photographs possess the color elements we were looking for within this assignment. The colors, and more importantly, the color interaction in each photograph is spectacular. I really like the dramatic difference between the analogous vs. complementary colors. Thank you for uploading both types of images.

This is some of your strongest work yet. You have great composition, simplified color palettes, clean edges and good framing. You also have various degrees of depth in each of your images and in each case the depth serves a specific purpose. In your first image, there is no depth, but the idea of “flatness” is a visual component of the story. In your second two images, you’ve used depth to varying degrees. In your second image, depth exposes your environment and therefore gives your audience a sense of context. In your third image however, you’ve used such a shallow depth of field that the context of the shot is gone. There is no 1 right way to use depth, so it’s nice to see you use it in three very different ways in each of your photographs.

My only concern with your first two images, is that your subjects are very close to the center of your composition. Remember, centered compositions usually lack drama. Try to incorporate more an informal sense of balance (like your last image) to help liven up the composition a bit.

Other than that, great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.