Assignment 6

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    keith
    Participant

The picture I chose for this assignment

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Another beautiful image. Composition seems to becoming second nature to you now. In this photograph you’ve done so many artistic and technical things correctly. For example, your photograph abides by the rule of thirds, you use a foreground and leading lines to draw your viewer’s eye into the photograph, you’ve used birds as your primary object, but your secondary objects, not only provide context, but also add to the beautiful tone of your shot.

Similarly, you’ve managed to find great color control in such an open environment. You’re also showing your bravery by staying away from macro photograph. You’re doing a great job of organizing chaos.

My only concern with this photograph is that your horizon line is not balanced. It’s lopsided and I find this distracting. I think you should pay attention to the horizon line and it’s positioning on both the right and left sides of the photograph to ensure your image is balanced. It will help clean up the composition a little bit and allow your viewers to focus on the important elements of the photograph.

Other than that, great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.