assignment 8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    icyliza
    Participant

Advanced Composition

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Wow!

This image is close to perfect. I love the brave use of space, the wide tonal range in the spectrum of black and white, the beautifully textured background, the isolation of your foreground objects and the images elegant presence. Great work.

My main concern with the image is that your the girl on the right side of the composition is slightly blurred from either camera shake, or more likely, her subtle movement. It’s not very noticeable when the image is small, but when I enlarge the image the problem of motion becomes apparent. It looks accidental in nature because the rest of the image has strong focus.

To fix this issue you’d need to use a quicker shutter speed. Similarly, It seems as though your focus is a slightly soft. If your camera has an ‘expanded focus” feature on it you should set your focus perfectly before taking the shot. These little details are difficult to see in a small LCD screen which is why “focus assist” or “expanded focus” really help you achieve your best possible focus so you’re not surprised when you get back to your editing suite.

Other than that, I think this is one of your best images yet! Congratulations.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.