Assignment I

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clam
    Participant

I am thrilled by the notion of turning something forgettable to something interesting & decided why not take it the extreme ๐Ÿ˜›

I tried to change my perception completely by imagining myself to be a psychotic. Thus, I zoomed in to the small designs on a coaster & used ‘bulb’ to make it as crazy, intimidating & messy as possible. Of course I brought back myself to the shoes of a photographer (well, this is a photography lesson after all!) & highlighted the most striking elements while washing out distracting ones. This is quite an experiment indeed! ๐Ÿ™‚

Clam
    Participant

*waiting*

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

I’m in the middle of critiquing this….

Never had a student this impatient before! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I will post this critique today.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Ok I’ve taken a second to look at this and I think you’ve certainly created something unique.

It doesn’t really fit the criteria of the assignment because the coaster itself was not a mundane object but that’s ok. With what you’ve done here you’ve shown that you’re ready to play and to learn so that’s great.

I’m glad that you’ve started your assignments and signed up for the course. More importantly I hope you had some fun playing around with this. I would encourage you to avoid using any post processing on your images for these assignments going forward.

To be honest there isn’t much I can add to this particular image given that your experiment was, well an experiment. You’ll find that throughout the course there are certain instances where something is so entirely subjective that there isn’t much I can add.

In this case you’ve created a piece of abstract ‘art’ that isn’t really my thing but if you like it than that’s great!

Thanks for sending this in.

I look forward to helping you through the course.

Clam
    Participant

Oh my goodness! I forgot to take into account the hours elapsed. 2 days had passed between my 2 posts in the timezone I am in now. I apologize for that! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

As for the photo, it’s really hard for me to veer away from abstract concepts because I specialize in fine art portraiture. I add personal touches to my art but then I guess my perceptions are a whole lot different from many people!

About the post-processing, I’ll try to make do without it. I was trained by 2 fashion & glamour photographers (who HAVE to Photoshop A LOT) & I find myself loving post-processing so much. I call it ‘designing’ NOT ‘editing’ ๐Ÿ˜Ž

I appreciate our comments.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Excellent I look forward to helping you improve! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.