Assingment #5: Simply color

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ronaldo
    Participant

To emphasize the different color layers of the sea. Picture taken from a sand island in a bay area.

[attachment=0:1cb9pej3]assignment #5.jpg[/attachment:1cb9pej3]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Another great assignment.

So far, you’ve actually been managing your photograph’s color palette very well. it’s one of the most overlooked elements to photography, yet something you’ve been aware about since your first assignment submission. It’s not often intuitive to think in terms of color organization since our world is so chaotic. But being able to quickly identify a composition that organizes that color chaos is a great talent and this seems to come naturally to you.

The only issue I would like you to look into this photograph is the saturation levels of your colors. Most distracting to me is the blue in the middle ground of this image. The saturation in this layer is so strong that it looks almost fake or digitized. Your background has a very gentle, even misty look to it, so the contrast between these two areas makes the image lack continuity in terms of saturation and tone.

I’m not sure if you’ve edited this image at all or if that is just how your camera handled those colors, but I think it could use some post production work to help give the image a more harmonious look.

Other than that, this is a great photograph.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.