color theory

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    florentino
    Participant

Here are my submissions for this lesson on is of a purple flower as it’s primary color and white as it’s secondary along with a small amount of green that accents as a highlight.
    The second Pic is a close up on a dandelion that turned out radiant (i think) I then processed the pic (with CS5) to achieve the purple hazed background that made the the dandelion seem to float in mid air, along with the small shadow casts on the the flower it’s self for a pseudo 3d effect.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thanks for submitting your images.

You have certainly understood the lesson here and you’ve understood the color theory element.

If you could please avoid using CS5 to post process your images too much for this photography school. It becomes hard to tell what was done with each photograph. That is of course, unless the assignment is to use photoshop.. 😉

One thing that would certainly improve your image is to shoot with a nice quality macro lens.

That way you could shoot a photo like this:

[attachment=1:e7w6q8gx]macro-dandelion.jpg[/attachment:e7w6q8gx]
    Photo by Cynthia.Lou

Also don’t forget to change your perspective.

This always makes for an interesting angle:

[attachment=0:e7w6q8gx]dandelion-from-below.jpg[/attachment:e7w6q8gx]
    Photo by Vince Alongi

In terms of color the main thing is to use color as one of your most important tools to create photos that really stand out.

Color is often forgotten in photography after exposures, shutter speeds, lenses etc etc etc

Focus on color and your work will improve and stand apart.

Nice work.

See you on lesson 6.

Did you submit your photo for the competition yet?

Thanks.

Kirk
    Participant

Did that shot of a dandelion use a polorizing filter to get the sky so blue? Just curious.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Honestly I dunno. I didn’t take it. Could very well be the case though. (see the link under the pic)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.