Digital Darkroom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn Cogan
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been to 2 or 3 KelbyOne classes and used their online classes plus a two day Photoshop class. Some many ways to use Photoshop even my husband and I use different ways to get the same results.

The Wrong Side of the Fence is using color replacement and Hue/Saturation.

Holding Up, I used two photos, the tree I made most adjustments there then found a photo of a ancient pottery chard we found and photographed. I made a circle on the pottery chard and put into the other photo and made final adjustments.

Sunflower is complied of two photographs, one of the sunflower and the other a piece of ice on the side of the road. It is a good texture photo. The hard part was deciding which layer the ice should be on and which blend mode worked best.

Enjoyed this lesson.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Well it looks to me like you’re well on your way here and there isn’t anything I can tell you that you don’t already know about photoshop!

My favorite image of the three is the danger keep back sign. That’s a really lovely image aesthetically and you showed restraint in creating it. The image of the sunflower is also quite stunning!

Photoshop is very powerful and it’s easy to create tacky things with it. In terms of photography it’s best to do subtle tweaks and make simple fixes with photoshop.

I generally do most of my work in Adobe Lightroom just because I find whenever I go into photoshop I go overboard. With great power comes great responsibility…

I recommend you take some time to learn Adobe Lightroom if you haven’t already. Here are some Adobe Lightroom videos.

See also: Adobe TV Lightroom

See also: Adobe TV Photoshop

Nice work here you are really doing great! 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.