Digital Darkroom-Adobe

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Terrance
    Participant

Snap shot to Photograph

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Wonderful subtle changes! Although I noticed the saturation and contrast changes first, surprisingly, the biggest positive change you did on this photograph (in my opinion) is straitened out the horizon line. I find lopsided horizon lines very distracting. However, many photographs can’t identify these small leveling consistency issues in their own work. They are often subtle and therefore hard to see, but balancing and leveling a photograph through the proper horizon line placement is critical.

In your unedited photograph the water is too dominant an object. Not only that, but your tilted downwards towards the left. In your edited version you’ve kept the water to show the context of the shot, but you’ve lessened its importance by using less of it and you’ve straitened out the horizon line. Great work.

My only recommendation would be to look closely at the left side of this photograph. I see that you’ve already cropped it, but you’ve cropped it down the center of a building. Beside the big building there is a bit of space you could use as your crop line. This way your photograph starts on a clean slate and introduces just 1 large building on that side of the photograph. It’s a small detail, but I think it will enhance this photograph.

Other than that, great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.