Filter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brandon
    Participant

Here is my submission for the filter assignment. I used a 720nm Infrared filter…
    I just wanted to play around with it and since this was not a assignment and due to my very busy schedule, I just went outside my apartment and set up everything and took a photo just to show the results of the filter…

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

That is an absolutely spectacular photo. Personally I love the infrared look so I’m a little biased. But even the composition is very well done in this photograph. I would like to draw your (and other students) attention to some of the key highlights of this photograph.

1. You’ve used your foreground very effectively. I have different “layers” in the photograph but your foreground is particularly impressive. A good foreground helps lead the viewers eye into the picture.
    2. Secondly your use of a leading line (the cement pillars in the foreground) act as a nice diagonal to further help lead the viewers eye into the photograph.
    3. All of the elements of the photograph are interesting. The trees, the texture and the shapes all help create a beautiful piece. However, you’ve also managed to fit in a “primary object” in your center (the waterfall). This gives the eye something to rest on while it’s not exploring the rest of the photograph.
    4. due to the filer used, you’ve managed to simplify the color range and also provide a very dramatic tonal range.
    5. Considering you used a large range of high tones in this photograph, nothing is overexposed or washed out (including your sky). This is quite rare in outdoor daytime photographs.

Great job. The best of yours I’ve seen so far from a composition standpoint!

Brandon
    Participant

@teacher wrote:

That is an absolutely spectacular photo. Personally I love the infrared look so I’m a little biased. But even the composition is very well done in this photograph. I would like to draw your (and other students) attention to some of the key highlights of this photograph.

1. You’ve used your foreground very effectively. I have different “layers” in the photograph but your foreground is particularly impressive. A good foreground helps lead the viewers eye into the picture.
    2. Secondly your use of a leading line (the cement pillars in the foreground) act as a nice diagonal to further help lead the viewers eye into the photograph.
    3. All of the elements of the photograph are interesting. The trees, the texture and the shapes all help create a beautiful piece. However, you’ve also managed to fit in a “primary object” in your center (the waterfall). This gives the eye something to rest on while it’s not exploring the rest of the photograph.
    4. due to the filer used, you’ve managed to simplify the color range and also provide a very dramatic tonal range.
    5. Considering you used a large range of high tones in this photograph, nothing is overexposed or washed out (including your sky). This is quite rare in outdoor daytime photographs.

Great job. The best of yours I’ve seen so far from a composition standpoint!

Wow thank you very much!!! I like the photo when I took it…I guess I need to trust my instincts more cause I just wanted to take photo to play around with the filter and this is what i decided to take and it looked like a good photo…So thank you very much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.