FILTERS….. USING NIKON A2 FILTER

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    johnhall
    Participant

THIS WAS TAKEN AT SUNSET……IN THE BACK GARDEN.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

This is a great silhouette photograph that highlights the rays of the sun. It seems to me as though you captured this image as it is in raw form. It’s hard to bring out the highlights of the sun like that in post production. You purposely underexposed the photograph to get the silhouette and the rays of the sun. I think this a great photograph that used many different photographic elements to create a dramatic and interesting look.

For starters, your color organization is once again great. Very simple and easy to look at. That being said, you have a gradient in oranges and yellows so the photograph doesn’t appear flat or boring. You’ve also placed your horizon line on the bottom 1/3 of your photograph and you’ve placed the more interesting sky in the top 2/3ds. Not only that but your sun in located on the bottom left horizon line exactly on one of the interesting points of the rule of thirds. I’m not sure if this was intentional or if this is coming second nature to you now, but the composition doesn’t go unnoticed. It’s incredibly well framed.

Another element I also like about this photograph is your use of shapes. Your horizon line is not flat or boring. There is a larger tree on the right hand side which gives the photograph some depth and creates an off balance look.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.