Finding Inspiration from Photography Masters

Photography Classes Online – Icon Photography School Forums Photography Lessons Lesson 2 Finding Inspiration from Photography Masters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sousa
    Participant

Assignment Title: Finding Inspiration from Photography Masters

This was a particularly difficult assignment for me, as I am simply not inspired by a single artist or photographer. Please don’t get me wrong I love art and photography but to narrow it to one or even two artists or photographer would be impossible for me.

That being said my inspiration comes colours (light) and shapes.

Colours
    The vibrant purple of a flower, the warm orange sun at sunset, an enticing scarlet red dress, a brilliant cobalt blue bottle, a multi-tonal green banana leaf… these are inspirational. They draw my finger to the shutter… to capture and share… to make immortal.

Shapes
    The ghostly shape of climbing smoke, the breath taking curves a woman, the ancient worn lines of a Mayan Pyramid an the engulfing ficus roots at Angkor Wat… beg to be held… suspended in time.

Another source of inspiration is The Musée du Louvre, it pulls back the hands of time and holds them. The art, photography and sculptures displayed in The Musée du Louvre inspire me to create.

But if I had to pick only one photographer that stands out to me it would be Steve McCurry. His ability to capture human emotions in the eyes is truly amazing. His photos are rich in colours and emotion.

Attached are two photos of thousands that one could say inspire me…

Photo 1 – Steve McCurry

Photo 2 – Patrick Krolis

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for sharing this.

that was exciting to read. I think you’re the first person to use color and shape as a source of inspiration. Thank you for adding to this pool of inspiration.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.