General Photography Help

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

If you want help with a specific topic just ask here and I’ll do my best to answer!

If another forum member knows the answer feel free to respond to other members!

erja kaikkonen
    Participant

Hi, I’d like to ask if you have any tips for avoiding the overexposed whites in pictures which have various sources and levels of lighting in the frame? As an example, if I take a photo of a dark room with a lamp in the corner, the light coming from the lamp gets overexposed whilst the rest of the room remains very dark..
    Thanks!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

You can try using an ND filter or just adjusting exposure accordingly.

Keep in mind that there are sometimes it’s not possible with current technology to have the entire dynamic range exposed properly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range

erja kaikkonen
    Participant

Thanks! I’ve been trying to play around with the exposure but it seems that there is always some overexposed white spots. I should try the ND filter.

I read from somewhere something about using a grey card. How would that work? Is that something that’s commonly used?

Thanks for your help!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

You can use a gray card if you really want to get your exposure accurate. People use them mostly in studios.

Frederick
    Participant

Hi,
    I am trying to complete the photography course. I cannot find lesson 13 in the new forum. I need to know where to send my photo for publication. I have tried sending an email to the appropriate contact site, but so far, no response. I would like to complete the course. Can anyone help me, please?

Fred (100238)

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

send a note to office@photographyicon.com

thanks fred

Frederick
    Participant

I am trying to take the final exam, but I can’t seem to find it. Went to the workspace, not no luck.
    Can anyone hellp me?

Fred

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

It’s right there on the workspace page:

[attachment=0:3qxes2l6]Student Workspace.jpg[/attachment:3qxes2l6]

Frederick
    Participant

I took the final exam. The questions referencing the photo below, I could not view the photo!

What should I do?

Fred

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Empty your browser cache and try again.

If that doesn’t work please let me know which question it is.

Thanks.

Frederick
    Participant

I am having an awful time completing the Final Exam. The questions regarding a specific photography do not appear on my screen! Am I missing something? I would like to complete this course, but I’m finding it very frustrating. Am I the only one having this problem?

Please, can anyone help me!

Fred

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

hey fred can you get in touch:

office@photographyicon.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.