Inspiration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shawna
    Participant

I received my first camera at the age of eight and I was ecstatic. I could now record the world’s beauty through my eyes. However, my images never looked liked those in National Geographic or any publication I viewed, as a matter of fact. With every new camera and every new scene I attempted to recreate my life experiences. Interestingly enough, there is no single photographer that gives me divine inspiration but rather multiple artists, one such example is Joshua Yetman (http://www.moderndaygilligan.com). The subject of capturing the world as life’s playground is what drives my passion of photography.

The unifying feature of that inspires me is that of subjects enjoying life as is. Joshua Yetman, although not famous on the international scene of photography, recently caught my eye as I was reviewing a relative’s wedding photos. These images churned my curiosity to explore his other works on his photo blog. Just as expected, the images contained in his blog entranced me; I felt the scene, the atmosphere, and what I believed to be the actual vibe of the subjects. It was not a single theme that gave me an orgasmic feeling but the interaction of the various elements of his composition.

It is life that jumps out at me when I look at most images, and the photographers and artists that inspire me the most are the ones who seem to capture its realities.

http://www.moderndaygillgan.com

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thank you for sharing this. I browsed through Joshua’s portfolio and you’re right. He does a great job of visual story telling and his composition is very strong. He has great control of his colors, framing, emotion, depth and atmosphere. As you progress through the course you’ll be able to look back at his portfolio and justify why he chose certain compositional elements.

Again, thank you for sharing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.