Inspiration in my life

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

I don’t really know any artists or photographers by name or by their work. I do however have inspirations in my life, they are my parents. My father is a great photographer and my mother is an exceptional artist. They have inspired me to take up photography.
    The aspects I love most about my fathers pictures are how he can capture the essence of a person or situation to tell a story. He also can capture nature in a way that makes you want to enter the picture and live in the moment. Capturing people and nature are some of my passions. I look at wedding albums and family albums and love the stories they tell.
    My mother on the other hand is an artist. She can draw and paint such beautiful pieces. I love her abstract art, and also her florals and animals. I don’t know how she does it. She can just pick up a paint brush and start painting. She has really inspired me to see more in the artwork than whats on the canvas.
    Actually there is one more person that inspired me. My late grandmother was a photographer. She had taken so many pictures in her lifetime. And she would develop them herself. I know that is one of the reasons I have such a passion for photography. My grandmother would take pictures and started to put together a family tree of all the family history for about 8 generations. She put it all together for everyone in the family. Just the pictures alone told the stories of our family history. There was so much information in the photographs that we would never have been able to understand if we just had the written information.
    My family members are my inspiration. I would hope to experience more artists and photographers over my lifetime. I know taking this course will help me discover more and show me how to enjoy and read more into the art and photographs that I come by.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Thank you for submitting your report.

In fact, it’s not about knowing famous photographers, it’s about finding mentors and knowing your influences. Drawing inspiration from your family is wonderful.

I hope to see the emergency of “story” in your upcoming assignments. It’s not necessary at first but as you progress through the assignments, try to move from technical submissions to more visually creative submissions that “talk” to you.

Thanks again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.