kuwait docks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gabriel
    Participant

A day visiting the docks, i tried to capture a nice curvy look. i hope it worked

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

This assignment is great for so many reasons.

For starters, you’ve taken an incredibly complicated environment and you’ve managed to bring some order to it. You’ve organized the image in terms of shape, you’ve used lines to help guide your audience’s eyes into the photograph and there is also a general color theme to the photograph.

However, although you’ve done many things right with this photograph, there are also some areas that could use some attention. Most notably, is the fact that you have no “stopper”. My eye has no strong object to rest on when I look at this image. There is the building on the right, or the bridge on the left, but they are not loud enough to be strong stoppers. Without a stopper or main object, your audience’s eye can simply enter a photograph and then immediately leave. A main area of interest allows your viewers to stop and stare at 1 object in between exploring the secondary objects in the photograph. And while a primary object isn’t always necessary in each shot, it helps in most situations. It gives your photograph a focus.

You can create a primary object (or stopper), buy using creative focus, object placement, using a unique color, framing your object with a obvious direction etc etc. There is no one right way, but it’s useful to think about in shots like this.

Other than that… Great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.