Lesson 10

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I switched up cameras on the assignment and used a film camera- i can definitely notice the difference especially after i scanned it in. I tried to incorporate a lot of what i learned from colors to leading lines to shutter speed. I think that the picture came out overexposed and a filter could have been used to darken up the landscape features and the lens I used was not able to focus up like i would have liked. Well it was worth a try switching up cameras. Thanks.

[attachment=0:211ws933]n808698503_1347415_9924[1].jpg[/attachment:211ws933]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

I really like this image and I appreciate how you’re experimenting with different cameras.

However, the image isn’t overexposed. I think your concern has to do with drawing out some of the details in the sky and mountains which could have been achieved with a slightly darker exposure. However, this may have underexposed your foreground. One option for you to consider is using a grey-grad filter. Using a grey grad filter will help you properly expose for your foreground while drawing out more detail in the sky and the mountain range. A grey grad filter is a very inexpensive filter to buy and it’s great for use in landscape work. It’s generally clear on 1 half and uses a slightly dark gradient on the other half to kick the exposure down a couple of stops in your sky.

Other than that, I think this is an amazing photograph. In fact, it’s breathtaking. I enjoy seeing your experiment with design elements such as leading lines, lines in your mountains, curves, color palette limitation within a large geographic space and balance.

You’ve tied everything together very nicely in this image. Great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.