Lesson 10 Assignment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Beth
    Participant

This is the “Narrowest Street in Europe” which is located in Brasov, Romania.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Beautiful photograph. This image contains the foundation of a very strong and dramatic image. However, there are a few things I want you to be aware about. I’ve brought some of these issues up in your previous assignments, but I will quickly restate my points, just so you’re aware of how these problems manifest themselves in different ways.

For starters, your walls in the background are blown out by the hard lighting. You’ve lost all detail in those regions and it takes up quick a big percentage of the photograph. It’s very noticeable and distracting in my opinion.

Your use of lines and shapes is spectacular but they lead your viewer’s eye right to the blown out area of the photograph. Therefore your blown out areas act as your “stopping point”, but they lack detail because all of the information is lost due to overexposure of these areas.

In this case, you could try to turn your exposure down slightly, shoot a different part of the wall that isn’t being so harshly lit, wait until the light becomes less harsh and directional or change your composition to make the blown out areas less noticeable.

Other than that, this image is very beautiful. You have a beautiful and rich color pallet, great symmetry, and the image is incredibly full of texture. Again, you’re use of leading lines helps the viewer feel as through they are there standing in the street.

Great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.