Lesson 12 by Amanda

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

Here is a link that I have uploaded some of the images to.
    http://www.behance.net/missunderstood

However, most of my images can be seen at the following link:

http://www.facebook.com/missunderstoodphotography

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda,

Nice job getting this stuff together online. I would highly recommend that you eventually own your own website and domain name.

Those platforms are both good for sharing your images and getting them out there but trust me, you want to own your own thing. I’ve been around long enough to see photo platforms come and go…

Also be careful about using a certain brand. You may end up hating your ‘miss understood’ brand name. One thing that never changes is your own name.

Whatever the case as long as you have somewhere to share you work and post it up online you’re ahead of the game.

If you don’t post it up somewhere on the internet, it didn’t happen!

I’d also like to see some more landscapes here:
    http://www.behance.net/gallery/Landscapes/4307171

Also the one at the bottom isn’t your strongest image.

Of course if you’re really into portraits there is no rule saying you need landscapes!

As always, your first 10000 images will be your worst so keep shooting every single day!

Nice job here!

๐Ÿ˜€

Amanda
    Participant

I actually do have my own domain name and website. But I do not have a photo gallery or anything. I usually photograph individuals who are interested in being a Suicide Girl so Miss Understood fits with most of my clientele.

http://www.missunderstoodphotography.com

That is the website. I am going out and shooting everyday…..slowly but surely I do see an improvement on my photographs.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Sweet. I’m hesitant to look at this because I’m in a pubic space. Is it SFW?

Do you also have yourname.com or yourname.co ?

If not you should get them and post something there as well.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Also to answer your question you don’t have to be published to do the exam.

Go ahead any time you want.

๐Ÿ™‚

Amanda
    Participant

Thank you for answering my question! ๐Ÿ™‚

I do not know what your standards are however it is most of the same images on missunderstood.com as there are on my other sites….so its nothing you haven’t seen before.
    I can send you a link of Facebook to my page and when you have a chance just glance over it…..

Amanda
    Participant

I took my final….NONE of the pictures uploaded that had questions so all of those were guesses. ๐Ÿ™ totally failed.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

You don’t have to upload any images for the final.

I’m confused?! Can I help?

Amanda
    Participant

There were images with some of the questions like who the photographer was….all that was shown on the page was a white square with a red X. None of the images showed up on the page.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

I’m not seeing the problem on my end and I just ran through the final exam.

Can you try it again and let me know if there are any problems?

๐Ÿ˜ณ

Thanks!

Amanda
    Participant

Ok, I re-took the exam. I only had trouble with one picture. Aside from that……I just cross my fingers that I did well….I have HORRIBLE test anxiety

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Bummer,

This is driving me nuts! I can’t replicate the problem on my end!

Next time this happens can you take a screenshot!

Amanda
    Participant

Did you want me to go ahead and take it again?

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

It’s really up to you. If you feel like you’ll get something from it feel free to take it as many times as you’d like. This course is not really about the rules or pass/fai. It’s about having fun and learning. If doing the exam isn’t fun and you don’t feel like it, don’t do it! ๐Ÿ˜‰

That said, if you do take it again and something isn’t working please take a screenshot and send it to me.

Thank you!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.