Lesson 2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

It’s really just recently I’ve started getting interested in photography to be honest. My boyfriend had a SLR camera. I started playing around with it when we were in South Africa two years back, just trying out different effects, angles, lighting etc. The results were so so, but I found it both fun and interesting. Now that I got a job where I have more time off I have picked up the camera again and started experimenting more, both with the camera and photo editing program like photoshop.

I have seen some photos that have amazed and impressed me, but I have to admit I don’t know the name of many photographers. I’ve always liked photos of great nature and wildlife (living in Norway there is so many great images just waiting to be captured on camera), and for some reason I really like sunrises and sunsets. One can take a billion different pictures of it but none looks the same. I would like to learn to take good portraits though. There’s a Norwegian photographer – Morten Krogvold – who I think have some good black and white portraits.

So what I’m trying to say here is that it’s all pretty new to me, I’m still experimenting and learning through playing around with the camera and different effects. I hope this course will help me to become a better photographer and that maybe I find my path within photography.

-Maya

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi Maya,

Don’t worry everyone here is very new to photography!

What I would like you to do is spend an hour or two looking at the works of some of the masters of photography online.

See if anyone connects with you, see if there is any particular style or area of interest stands out to you.

You could start with some of these.
    http://photographyicon.com/masters/

Google around a bit and then come back here and let me know if you find anything that’s interesting. The idea being that if you find a style or a type of image that you relate to or really like your path in learning will be more obvious.

You don’t have to come back here and write anything about your learnings if you don’t want to, I just want you to take some time and look around. Have fun with it.

Thanks for submitting another assignment and don’t forget:

Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst. –Henri Cartier-Bresson

So keep shooting!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.