Lesson 2 Assignment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    baltazar
    Participant

Let me first start by saying I have an interest in very many and very different styles of photography. I am mostly interested in photography as a hobby, mostly because I don’t see a way to pursue photography as a career (yet anyway). To narrow it down to the two I am most interested in for this assignment, I would say I am very interested in boudoir photography (classy and tasteful of course 🙂 ) and I am very interested in nature photography (including landscapes, macro, and wildlife). Two artists in these genres I find very influential are Ellen von Unwerth and Art Wolfe, respectively.

Ellen von Unwerth was born in 1954 in Frankfurt, Germany and is a photographer and director, specializing in erotic femininity. She worked as a fashion model for ten years herself before moving behind the camera, and now makes fashion, editorial, and advertising photographs. The theme of her work that I find important is the erotic femininity. She does a great job creating these beautiful photos and shows a classy but naughty side to these beautiful women. I find a very exciting draw to these photos. They are powerful and I hope to someday take powerful photos with the same pull.

[attachment=1:3657rk3k]EllenvonUnwerth.jpg[/attachment:3657rk3k]

Art Wolfe is an American photographer, television host, conservationist, photography teacher and artist. He is most notably known for his color photographs of wildlife, nature and cultures. He uses many themes I find important like the color and beauty of nature. As stated earlier, he is a conservationist and although I cannot call myself a conservationist, I believe he has a very important message about the state of our beautiful planet. He photographs the wildlife, nature and cultures that are dying everyday. I live in a beautiful state and have had the opportunity to take some nature photographs. Someday I hope to travel all over our beautiful world and take important photos like Wolfe. I find him to be very inspirational.

I love the colors he captured in this photograph. It was hard to choose only one!

[attachment=0:3657rk3k]ArtWolfe.jpg[/attachment:3657rk3k]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Please see the response to the previous post.

Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.