Lesson 2: Finding Inspiration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jermain
    Participant

Altought the Assignement was not taking photos and try and be creative, I found it still very interesting as when starting to see some nice photos from different professional photographers I could stop searching more artists.

Getting to see photos of big artists inspired me a lot, and showed me more that good photos come from great imagination that the artist will have. It already made me sketch and draw some photos that I will take in the future in my mind, and my knowledge of imagination increased a lot.

Choosing one artist is very difficult as all artists are good in certain ways. You cannot say this artist is better than the other but they are all good.

I really enjoyed looking at the photos of Ansel Adams, because I always was inspired by the black and white photography, and the way he took photos of natural thinks was amazing. I was impressed by the photo Rose and Driftwood, San Francisco, California, 1932. In this photo when you look at the rose, you will see that the picture its not just a picture but it talkes to you, it showes that the rose is really.

After this assignement I am sure that when taking pictures I will adopt a different attitude, after watching these master photographers photos I was inspired with there creativity and life that they give to the photo. I will try my best that when taking photos I try and give life to the picture I am taking and shows all the expressions of the object I am shooting

Thanks a lot

JB

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great! I’m glad you found the process of researching photographer’s work so valuable. Exploring the work of others is an important part of the learning process. Don’t be afraid to try and mimic the styles of photographers you admire. This is a great way to learn their compositional techniques. As you become more comfortable behind the camera you will soon start to develop a style of your own. but begin, by learning from those who you admire the most.

All the best continuing with the course!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.