Lesson 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    maddieandnoahsmom
    Participant

[attachment=0:2u64f14g]DSC_0181.JPG[/attachment:2u64f14g]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

This is a wonderful photograph and accomplishes exactly what was asked from you for this assignment. Your first photograph uses a shallow depth of field which helps isolate your main subjects which are the mushrooms.

Mushrooms are fantastic objects to photograph because they are so full of texture. You’ve done a very good job of pulling out some of the texture in this photograph. When I look at your photograph I feel like I know how those mushrooms feel. The shadows in the wrinkles of the mushrooms help give the image a sense of 3 dimensionality which helps make your image less flat and more realistic looking.

Another element which is equally impressive with this image is your ability to control the colors of the photograph. You’ve limited your color palette to the earth tones of variance gradients of brown with a nice highlight of green. Simplified color palettes often help visually organize a photograph. Great work.

Your second image is equally impressive with its technical ability to capture movement. Although the composition of this image is strong (especially your framing), the image does lack in it’s isolation of your main subject. I do like the different layers in the photograph, and again you’ve used a limited color palette, but the focus should be more on the movement and boy and the focus should be taken (even just slightly) off the background.

Other than that, I think your submission for this assignment was fantastic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.