lesson 3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

ive learned so much from this assignment i love it!! 🙂 i know the picture with movement is a lot noisy, but the light wasnt good and i had to put the iso very high…

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Wonderful work on this assignment.

The purpose of this assignment was to get you thinking about the technical components of your camera and how those features impact your ability to tell a visual story. You’ve done a wonderful job of showing how both a slow shutter speed can create the illusion of movement as well has how a shallow depth of field can help you isolate your main foreground object from the background. Great work.

However, as you progress through each assignment, we’ll also be looking for other technical and composition details. You haven’t even made it to your lesson on color theory, yet you’ve managed to compose two images with very strong and well organized color palettes. This further helps you focus on your audience’s attention on only the critical elements of the frame.

With your first photograph I agree with you about the noise in the image. I would re-consider this photograph in fact. It’s not the noise so much that bothers me, it’s the subtle softness of the focus. In fact,, I doubt it has anything to do with your focus. It looks like the image is slightly blurred because of the movement of the camera (and players). However, it’s not exaggerated enough to look intentional. So, In my opinion it comes across as blurry.

However, the grain, if it’s unavoidable could help give your image a nice dirty look. For example, what about the players sitting motionless watching the game, what about the sweat on there face. What about the look in there eyes? These would be fun stories to play with and your camera wouldn’t be as limited as it would be shooting motion in a low light environment.

Great work overall. I look forward to seeing your next assignment!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.