Lesson 3

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kairi
    Participant

[attachment=0:29vou9j7]polo.jpg[/attachment:29vou9j7]A while back I went to watch Polo. Other than looking at handsome men on top of gorgeous animals… I found the whole thing boring!! Anyway, I decided to make the best of it and practice my photography on moving subjects. I put Aperture up to be able to take photos with slower shutter speed and followed the moving subject with my camera…

kairi
    Participant

[attachment=0:2ogvmhk5]IBO 010.jpg[/attachment:2ogvmhk5]
    This picture was taken couple of weeks ago while on holiday with friends. One of the guesthouses we stayed at had some kittens around and naturally our friends little kitten fell in love with these creatures. I took this shot using shallow depth of field to throw the kid at the backround out of focus while keeping the kitten sharp. I loved the effect of her dreamy look… I didnt that much like that at that very moment by book sat in front of the cat 🙁 And like so many times, these moments can not be re-created as both the kitten and the kid had something else in mind. Anyway, with or without the book, I still love this shot and I think it also demonstrates what this lesson is all about.

kairi
    Participant

[attachment=0:3gmo6ose]dragonfly.jpg[/attachment:3gmo6ose]
    is it ok to add another picture, this is slightly better to demonstrate blurred out background…
    You are going to ask me to use Photoshop to remove this distracting brunch…

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi Katie,

Normally I get students to go and and shoot specifically for each assignment. You can go through your past image library and pick photos that match each assignment but I’m not sure you’ll get as much out of the course. 😥

How would you like to proceed?

I can critique these and from here on out you can shoot for each assignment. It’s up to you! Whatever works best for you.

Let me know.

Thanks!

kairi
    Participant

ok, fair enough… let me work for it
    😛

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

😎

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.