lesson 4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ahtsham khalid
    Participant

I used Polarizing filter for the attached photos. I also tried to use golden net and red net of sieve as filter and enjoyed it as well.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

I’m working on this now.

Standby.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hey Ahtsham

How are things going? I’m happy that you are progressing through the course and making good progress.

I’m glad you had the chance to play around with some filters here. It’s tough to see how effective some filters are in such low light. The main goal of this assignment is to get you to start practicing using filters and seeing what kind of effect they have.

One thing you can notice immediately is that you lose quite a bit of light maybe even a stop or two when you use certain filters so you have to compensate for that when shooting in manual. In fact if you take note of the loss in detail on your last two images you will see what I mean.

Now, since you have some experience with filters I would like you to re-shoot this assignment. This time I want you to shoot a before and after photograph of a window or glass and use your polarizing filter to remove the reflection. I also want you make the photograph an interesting image.

So that’s my challenge to you! 🙂

ahtsham khalid
    Participant

i took these pictures through the glass of my car window

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Excellent work here. You can clearly see the effects of your filter here. Just look at the lack of reflections in this image.

Although I should mention that I’m not entirely sure why the image is somewhat multicoloured. 😳

Do you know why there is almost a rainbow-like aberration in this image? Maybe you can teach me!

Thanks.

ahtsham khalid
    Participant

my car windows are tinted, i think this is because of tinted fim of the glass 🙂

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Oh yes that would explain it!

I was completely confused by this! Thank you for teaching me.

Are you still having trouble with the website?

Please let us know.

Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.