Lesson 4 Polarizing lens

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

[attachment=0:13fpwpj5]Tonto Natural bridge nopol.jpg[/attachment:13fpwpj5][attachment=1:13fpwpj5]Tonto Natural bridge pol.jpg[/attachment:13fpwpj5]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great work with this assignment.

The polarizing filter has helped you draw out more contrast in the composition. Because this image is so full of texture, the added contrast has made the texture much more noticeable. I notice this especially in the dirt cliff. The patterns in this area are much more pronounced with slightly exaggerated contrast.

And of course, the sky is a much deeper blue which helps gives the image a slightly more saturated and dramatic edge.

From a composition standpoint this image is also well composed with most of the “weight” of the image taking up the bottom 4/5th of the image. The water which acts as your main “stopper” also helps ensure that the bottom part of the composition isn’t boring or repetitive. The water helps break up your background and it provides an interesting object to explore.

My only concern with this image is you amputation choice at the top of the frame. I could be wrong, but those shrubs look small and it appears they could have been fully included in the composition. It appears however, that you’ve clipped off the top of them with the top wall of your composition. I would have liked to see them included fully as I feel it would give this image a more complete look.

Other than that, great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.