lesson 4

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

i saw this rock on my way to the coast and thought it was so unique so i had to snap a picture of it. hopefully you all like it as much as i do.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great shot. Very well done. I’m having a hard time figuring out how to look at the photograph though. I don’t know if it was taken of the side of a mountain or a canyon, which is my first guess, or if it was taken looking down on a landscape. What filter did you use for this photograph? Just a basic red filter? Whatever filter you used it works well with this shot and ads an abstract element to an already abstract and pattern layered photograph.

My only two concerns for this photograph is that, firstly, it lacks a “resting spot” for the eye. While it’s not absolutely necessary in every photograph, it’s still worth paying attention to. Most photographs incorporate a main object to act as the main area of interest and a ‘resting spot” for the eye when it gets tired of exploring the rest of the photograph.

Secondly, I can’t distinguish what the dark markings are in the foreground on the left side of the frame and the bottom of the frame. I don’t know if they are part of a car window, a hand, a tree, the cliff etc. Having those areas underexposed causes a bit of distraction in my opinion.

Other than those two things, I think this photograph is very well done.

I look forward to seeing your next assignment!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.