Lesson 5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ashley Copple
    Spectator

I used red and green because I happened to have a green fabric. I have the picture, and then I added a great background but then I wasn’t sure which version was better so I’m posting both.

[attachment=1:1z7d55r4]photo 1.JPG[/attachment:1z7d55r4]

[attachment=0:1z7d55r4]photo 2.JPG[/attachment:1z7d55r4]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hi Ashley,

This image is also a bit out of focus. It also looks like you’ve done some photoshop or post processing on the image. By cutting out / adding the background.

Can you please reshoot this assignment and try to avoid doing any post processing on the image.

Ensure that you nail your focus and focus on color here and just reply with it here.

Ashley Copple
    Spectator

Ok, I will get to work on it :).

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Great thanks. Try to minimize your post processing (unless the lesson is about post processing)

Be sure to nail your focus too. (one way is to zoom in, manual focus, then zoom out and leave it)

Also, when you take your image zoom in on your camera’s screen when reviewing the image. Go all the way to 100% to check focus.

Ashley Copple
    Spectator

Ok, I have some questions about the lesson though. I want to make sure I understand. Is every color a good complimentary color or contrast color to black? How about white? And what is the complimentary color to brown? I won’t do anymore post processing, its a habit I have to break. I don’t usually for assignments but I’m going to find another image to shoot for this one because that one just didn’t look right without fixing up the background, I don’t have any backdrops so I had used a black blanket which the wrinkles showed up in when I looked back later.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

That’s a good question. I don’t think black or white are technically colors. But I’m not really sure.

Regarding the color brown, here is a more detailed color wheel.

[attachment=0:1wgv4jy0]color-wheel.png[/attachment:1wgv4jy0]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.