Lesson 6

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I could not decide between the three photos submitted. Hopefully I have interpreted the topic satisfactorily.

Cheers

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

You’ve got the right idea for this assignment.

You have taken some seemingly disorderly and chaotic environments and you’ve brought them into order with the composition and the framing of your images.

However, the photos themselves are not that interesting on their own.

Going forward I’d like you to shoot photos that complete the requirements of the assignment AND stand on their own as interesting photographs.

Here is an example of what I mean:

Cable Clutter by meddygarnet, on Flickr

This photo is chaotic, colorful, AND interesting. Not to mention the composition is ideal….

I hope you understand my point here. Am I being too hard on you? Or do you think this is a fair critique?

I’d like to know what you think.

Thanks!

Participant

Thank you for the feedback. All feedback is positive in my eyes. I only want to improve my photogrpahy skills.
    I have had a further think about making these photos more interesting and have hopefully hit the nail on the head with these shots.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

This is MUCH MUCH better!!!

Photo 2 and 3 are exactly what the assignment calls for. Photo 1 lacks some color and focus and you can see immediately it’s not the quality of the other two images.

I’m glad you went and focused on this assignment again!

I Look forward to seeing what you shoot next.

I hope you can see how much more interesting your second batch of photos are than the first.

btw, can you add your name or website or twitter or anything to your forum signature.

I need to change the setup of the school because it’s hard for me to distinguish between students as it is now. Adding a signature would really help!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Also I’m currently in Australia as well at the moment! May I ask what area you’re in?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.