Lesson 6 Assignment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lee
    Participant

[attachment=1:3140s32h]Lesson 6 photo 1.JPG[/attachment:3140s32h][attachment=0:3140s32h]Lesson 6 Photo 2.JPG[/attachment:3140s32h]

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Beautiful use of lines!

This is what we were hoping to see from you. We want to start to see the incorporation of strong design elements. While visual story telling is an important part of the process, it’s important to be able to hang your stories off of a strong technical framework. Without a strong technical understanding of the craft, even a great visual story won’t be communicated properly (or at least it’s less likely).

You’ve used lines as your primary design element, but you’ve also incorporated texture, pattern(through shape and repetition),color simplicity and depth.

Both images have a strong sense of depth with powerful foregrounds, middle-grounds and backgrounds. Although the sense of depth is more exaggerated in the 2nd photograph due to your proximity to your foreground, it’s also present in your first photograph as well.
    Both images use a color palette of gradients of blues, greens and browns. The color in the images are not very saturated which gives the images a slightly more gentle feel.

I’m not sure how comfortable you are playing around with abstractions or re-purposing objects, but I really think there is a lot of potential in your second image. When I looked at it, I was curious to see how it would look if you turned the image on its side so that the strong foreground was on the bottom of the frame. It would look like very architectural and abstract if the green grass was no included in the frame. It would remove the context of the shot and you could experiment with creating an imagined environment while working within the confines of a natural environment. You can do this simply by experimenting with framing.

What you’ve done is great. I just wanted to provide some alternative ideas.

Great work!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.