Lesson 6 – Sevcat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sevcat
    Participant

For this assignment you are going to pay extra close attention to the process of simplification. We want you to be aware of your background and your foreground. We want you to be aware of the edges of your photograph as well as the composition of your photograph. Your main concern with this photograph will be including elements which add to the overall look and story of your picture and ensuring the removal of all distracting or unimportant elements. That being said, the image must be taken outdoors and can’t be a still life photograph. This would be an easy assignment if we told you to take a photograph of an apple against a white background. The purpose of this assignment isn’t for you to prove you know what simplification is. The purpose is for you to show that you can implement simplification into your pictures even in a cluttered and disorganized environment. It’s about organizing chaos.

Hello again!
    This was assignment was a lot of fun but… organizing chaos is something I’m still working on. 🙂 For the Face shot, I climbed through a tunnel thing to try to frame the face with the rest of the playground. In doing this, I think I left too much chaos still in the picture? So for the second shot I focused in on the corner post, which I think made for a better picture. Although… the lower part of the sky might be a bit too bright?

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Hey Sevcat,

Can you reshoot these?

I want you to not only organize chaos but produce at least one image that you would hang on your wall.

I want you to raise the bar a little bit.

No worries if you don’t want to. Just let me know and I will critique these.

Rock onwards.

Sevcat
    Participant

Sure. It will be a couple days. Thanks!

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

Excellent!

I just think you can do better 🙂

Please post them as a new post/topic

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.