LESSON 6…………….SIMPLIFY

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    johnhall
    Participant

CANARY WHARF…..LONDON

Duncan Rawlinson
    Keymaster

This is an incredible shot. I was captivated when I first opened this image. The composition is rare, the perspective is unique and the balance is very artistic and daring. I can’t speak about this photograph highly enough.

Where to start? Let’s talk about the great features of this photograph. First of all, your choice of primary elements all work well together. There are also a quite a few of them that you managed to squeeze into this 1 photograph.

You’ve chosen

1. Negative space
    2. Pattern (the windows in the building)
    3. Shape (the outlines of the three buildings)
    4. Color contrast between the sky and the buildings
    5. Informal balance.
    6. The use of strong lines

The positioning of your center building is incredibly precise. The top of the building goes up towards the top horizon line and abides by the rule of third and the bottom of the building provides a sense of heaviness and weight that allows the viewers eye to enter the picture as if they were the ones looking up. It’s a very engaging photograph in that sense.

However, because of the two different shapes of the buildings in the top corners of the photograph, it provides an off-balanced look to contrast against the balanced center building.

There are other little details in this photograph which make it engaging as well, such as the small reflections of the two buildings in the big center building. There are small lighting highlights down there as to almost draw your attention to those areas.

This shot is incredibly well done. Your best yet!

Keep up the great work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.